ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: @tags
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 23:00:46 GMT
> > o Add tag option to JavaDoc task (ignore if not using 1.4?
> Warning? I'm
> not up on the conventions here)
>
> Dunno.  <javadoc> is a huge beast of a task.

Indeed. I think I'll just make it ignore it for now and log a verbose message.

> > o Add todo tag option to root build.xml (?)
>
> I am planning on doing this.  I've actually got it ready to go.
> The question is: Where do I put xdoclet.jar?  Or just leave it as
> an external dependency and use <available> to fail the "todo" target
> gracefully if its not there?

I think we're talking at cross-purposes here. I was meaning that I'd make the javadocs task
in build.xml use the new tag option when I've implemented it.

> > o Learn where to use the new ant:task stuff before fixing
> up the tasks
>
> Don't worry about the @ant:task thing.  I'll prototype it.

Cool. <snip lots of good stuff>

Looking forward to seeing all this... it's a piece of serendipity that I'll be going through
all the tasks anyway at some stage.

Jon