ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:25:54 GMT
> Well, the issue also becomes the use of XDoclet.  Is there a
> way to turn off warnings of unrecognized tags?

Not as far as I can see, but I don't know a lot about that...

> I want XDoclet to start building our task documentation.  I
> have made a prototype that I will commit to the proposal area (hopefully
> later this
> week).  I want tags like this:
>     @ant:task name="fail"  category="control"
> That way we can categorize tasks, and also code generate our
>, etc.
> I've actually already modified my local version of some tasks
> to have these tags for my prototype.
> How can we have both no javadoc warnings and use XDoclet?  I
> feel warnings are better than no XDoclet though!  :)

Sure. If there's going to be a good reason to break "clean javadoc" anyway, todo becomes just
one more reason. This sounds like a very good reason.

Here's a list of files which had @todos stripped in today's warning purge:

Xalan1Executor (JUnit)
XMLResultAggregator (JUnit)
ClassPathLoader (sitraka/bytecode)
MethodInfo (sitraka/bytecode)

I'm more than happy to put them back when we've worked out what we'll do with them.

Given your @ant:task name, is it possible to prefix *all* the non-standard tags we want to
use with @ant? That would distinguish them from tags that people believe incorrectly to be
valid (eg @returns and @created).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>