ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional EchoProperties.java IContract.java NetRexxC.java PropertyFile.java RenameExtensions.java
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 15:59:27 GMT
> >   +         * To-do: make sure the 'unit' attribute is only
> specified on
> date
>
> *arg*... we can't have @todo tags?!  :((

Not if we want JavaDoc to build without warnings...

> XDoclet makes generating a nice to-do list very easy.  Can't
> we keep them in?

Hmm... I can see the desire for them, certainly, but I personally would like the docs to build
cleanly under the standard doclet. Personally I usually use FIXME for "urgent" to-dos and
XXX for slightly less urgent ones, then just grep (or whatever) for them. How much prettier
is XDoclet than grepping, out of interest? (I'd be quite happy with a general TO-DO non-tag,
or whatever, if you want something to search on.)

Alternative idea: keep the @todo in, and I nag once a week to make sure they get done :)

Jon