ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional EchoProperties.java IContract.java NetRexxC.java PropertyFile.java RenameExtensions.java
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:25:52 GMT
> > Note that the above syntax appears to imply that ant:task
> *isn't* a good
> tag name. The JavaDoc documentation suggests using a
> > dotted convention.
>
> Well, that would wreak havoc on the XDoclet project

Ah. Bother (said Pooh). I'd hoped it would be a simple case of changing a constant somewhere
:)

Okay, not to worry.

> but I don't think there
> are any doclet API restrictions on using a ":" as a
> separator, maybe just on the command-line.  ??

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were just a command-line problem. I'll see whether I
can escape it, too... you never know...

So, plans:

o Put @todo back into CVS
o Add tag option to JavaDoc task (ignore if not using 1.4? Warning? I'm not up on the conventions
here)
o Add todo tag option to root build.xml (?)
o Learn where to use the new ant:task stuff before fixing up the tasks

Does that cover it all?

Jon