ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional EchoProperties.java IContract.java NetRexxC.java PropertyFile.java RenameExtensions.java
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:40:48 GMT
> > Well, the issue also becomes the use of XDoclet.  Is there a
> > way to turn off warnings of unrecognized tags?
>
> Not as far as I can see, but I don't know a lot about that...

Hmm... I've had another look at this, and the -tag option in 1.4 could be exactly what we're
after. Indeed, the example is:

<quote>
Examples of single tags - An example of a tag option for a tag that that can be used anywhere
in the source code is:

    -tag todo:a:"To Do:"
If you wanted @todo to be used only with constructors, methods and fields, you would use:

    -tag todo:cmf:"To Do:"
</quote>

That would mean that if we *really* wanted those @created tags (as opposed to just looking
in CVS, which I prefer for consistency) we could use that as well.

Next job for someone (yes, possibly me...) - add this option to the javadoc task :)

I think I'd still prefer us to make all custom tags be prefixed with something. Note that
the above syntax appears to imply that ant:task *isn't* a good tag name. The JavaDoc documentation
suggests using a dotted convention. Admittedly they've gone the whole hog: com.mycompany.todo
which seems a bit over the top - but ant.todo would be quite nice, IMO.

Jon