ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <stephane.baill...@haht.com>
Subject RE: [WARN] Removing the file attribute from <zip> and friends tom orrow
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 09:09:21 GMT

It is 3 lines now for this particular thing. It is software in development.

If we don't change this, then why should we try to harmonize things in
regexp rather than regularexpression or trying to plug regexpreplace in
replace, etc... ? having destfile rather than jarfile, zipfile, tarfile,
bzip2file, myfile, thefile, afile, tofile...

Then why do we simply add code to the CVS repository. If code is added
during development phase that does not mean it is carved in stone. It is a
different story when code has been officially released. It can either happen
that a feature is in a beta and removed for the final for the sake of
homegeneity, stability and to make sure not to confuse the user.

You must assume the price for using in development code.

Say I try to setup a build using Myrmidon. You change something and beeeep
red flag: "sorry dude, I'm using your code, you did not know, but you cannot
change it or you will break me."

Stephane