ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <stephane.baill...@haht.com>
Subject RE: [SUBMIT] Refactor & combination of mail tasks
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 15:40:44 GMT

[...]
> Clearly, we are coming from two different schools
> of thought here.  IMHO, the earlier we commit the
> patches (the good ones only, of course), the more time
> we have it to be tested out.  Patching things just

There is a difference between patching at the last minute which is what you
want me to say, and wait for some feedback before taking a decision which is
not necessary what you were first thinking. A second pair of eyes is
sometimes unvaluable. (when this is positive of course). Clearly I'm not for
patching at the last minute but neither at the first minute.

There have been discussion for over a year about a sed task.
Do you think it would have been the right thing to rush and commit a sed
task to solve this issue or does a replaceregexp fits 90% of uses cases ?

Of course if this is a fix, why wait ?
I agree that I have been myself lazy at closing bugs, not so long ago I was
trying to keep them under 150 :-)

> before a release is too risky, I feel.  Ideal time to be

Of course.

> patching, is, as Pete once mentioned, right after a
> release.

Unfortunately all defects are not coming just right after a release. And all
features are not immediately  ready as well for the next version. It would
be an ideal world but fact is we still receive defects from 1.3.

Stephane