ant-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Deitte <bdei...@macromedia.com>
Subject [PATH] zip and jar improvements
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:45:54 GMT
Hi all,

Attached are diffs and new files for my long-running zip/jar improvements.  This should be
the last submission, hopefully.  :)  I incorporated some changes suggested quite awhile ago
and added some more documentation.

Changes visible to users are described below

Zip task

duplicate (attribute): behavior when a duplicate file is found.  Valid values are add, preserve,
and fail. The default value is add.

zipgroupfileset (nested fileset): allows for multiple zip files to be merged into the archive.
Each file found in this fileset is added to the archive the same way that "zipfileset src"
files are added.

Jar task

duplicate/zipgroupfileset: same as in Zip task

filesetmanifest (attribute): behavior when a Manifest is found in a zipfileset or zipgroupfileset
file is found.  Valid values are skip, merge, and mergewithoutmain.  mergewill merge all of
manifests together, and merge this into any other specified manifests  mergewithoutmain merges
everything but the Main section of the manifests.  Default value is skip

manifest (existing attribute): this attribute now also accepts the name of a jar added through
a fileset.  If its the name of an added jar, the task expects the manifest to be in the jar
at META-INF/Manifest.mf