ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Vernum <Tim.Ver...@macquarie.com>
Subject RE: Question on which JDK to use
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 06:44:13 GMT
> Typically, we use VAJ as the IDE to create JAR files.  My feeling on
> this, is that a JDK is more or less a JDK, and the compile
> process is no
> different than 2 different C compilers working on the same source to
> create an .EXE

As others have said java byte-code is the same the world over, and there
is no problem.

*BUT* The exporting from VAJ tends to suck big time.
If you use the repository from VAJ fo not expect to get your source
out again in one piece.
Your exported class files *should* work OK, but I generally find
that once code goes into VAJ, it never comes out again.

[ Not the opinion of my employer - although it is held by most
  of the employees ;) ]

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie
Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not
read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and
should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may