ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Vernum <Tim.Ver...@macquarie.com>
Subject RE: 101 ANT Installation Question
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 00:09:11 GMT
From: Burian, Todd [mailto:tburian@interactapps.com]

> I am ttrying to build ant after I have extracted the .zip

Which zip file did you download?

There's lots of versions of Ant out there (a new one each
night) so it may be that one of them is dodgy.

Alternatively, if you downloaded a BINARY (".bin.zip")
distribution of Ant, then there are not build files, because
you don't need to rebuild it yourself (and you can't if
you wanted to).

Can you tell use where you got your zip, and what it is called?

> I am supposed to use the following command:
> build -Ddist.dir=<directory_to_contain_Ant_distribution> dist

> Ant does not have any files named build.* in it

It should do if you got the source distribution.
build.sh and build.bat

> What am I missing.....HELP!

I think you got the binary dist, not the source one, in which
case you should follow the section "Installing Ant" in the
manual, and not the "Building Ant" section.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie
Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not
read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and
should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may