ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Vernum <Tim.Ver...@macquarie.com>
Subject RE: Multiple patternsets in a fileset
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 08:17:40 GMT
 From: Bruce Atherton [mailto:bruce@callenish.com]

> What I think you are really  saying is
> that you WANT to be able to fold patterns together.

What I read Conor to be saying was:

 * There is at least one example of a buildfile that relies
   on the current behaviour

 * There is a "reasonable" (*) use case for the current
   behaviour.

Both of which suggest that any change is going to be a
nightmare for backwards compatiblity.

(*) We can argue forever about what is reasonable. Let's
    just accept that the use case has a result that is useful
    to the authro, and is not contrived.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie
Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not
read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and
should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may