ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Vernum <Tim.Ver...@macquarie.com>
Subject RE: [AUDIT] jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 07:57:24 GMT

From: Adam Murdoch [mailto:adammurdoch_ml@yahoo.com]

> As far as I can tell, according to the sections
> of the JLS that they cite, it's the audit tool that's got the
> modifiers in
> the wrong order, not our code.

The javadoc for java.lang.reflect.Field#toString() says:

<BLOCKQUOTE>
The modifiers are placed in canonical order as specified by
"The Java Language Specification". This is public, protected
or private first, and then other modifiers in the following
order: static, final, transient, volatile
<BLOCKQUOTE>

The audit tool is complaining
	http://icarus.apache.org/~sbailliez/jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon/audit/org/apache/aut/vfs/FileType.html

about the following line:
    public static final FileType FOLDER = new FileType( REZ.getString( "folder.name" ) );

from
	http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon/src/java/org/apache/aut/vfs/FileType.java?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

It claims the code breaks rule 5.21 of the "Metamata Audit rules", but
as far as I can see it matches the JLS correctly.

I agree with Adam, the tool is wrong.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie
Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not
read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and
should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may