ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: cullers
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 02:51:36 GMT
At 07:10 PM 2/25/02 -0500, Erik Hatcher wrote:
>I'm not following this that closely, but one question:
>
> > <fileset>
> >      <include name="**/*">
> >          <selector type="size"
> >              operation="greater-than"
> >              value="4K"/>
> >      </include>
> >      <exclude name="**/*">
> >          <selector type="permission"
> >              value="r"/>
> >          <selector type="size"
> >              operation="greater-than"
> >              value="5K"/>
> >      </exclude>
> > </fileset>
>
>Are you changing the behavior of <exclude>?  You cannot (currently) exclude
>things and then "re-add" them with <include>.  Excludes take precedence.

No, the behaviour of <exclude> is not changing. But thanks for
demonstrating why the selector format is confusing. &^)

I understand why you thought it worked that way, but what that example was
really doing was putting limits on the exclusions, not adding in more
files. It is saying files must be greater than 4K to be included, but read
only files will not be included if they are over 5K. So in your fileset
you'll have read only files in the 4-5K range only, and any other files
will be over 4K.