ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <bevan.a...@actfs.co.nz>
Subject Re: TryCatchFinallyTask - thoughts and possible syntax
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 19:45:00 GMT
At 19:28 11/02/2002 +1100, Peter Donald wrote:
>As a side issue. Would everyone mind describing what they think are the worst
>features of ant are? ... My list basically is

>* error handling sucks
>* missing selection (if) constructs (others may add missing repetition
>constructs)
>* PITA to create reusable build file chunks
>* PITA to extend and manage extensions, dependencies and so forth

If I understand correctly, your #3 option refers to more than just #include
of another file? Assuming so, this is the area that my "Templating" XSLT
stylesheet was intended to address.

I posted it to ant-dev on 27 Jan but haven't seen any feedback yet (aside
from Tim Vernum saying he is going to have a look.)

If you have the time to give it a quick once-over, I'd love to hear your
feedback.

Cheers,
Bevan.

"Programming is an Art Form that Fights Back"

Bevan Arps (<mailto:bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz>bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz)
Senior OO Analyst, ACT Financial Systems

This communication  is confidential  to ACT  Financial  Systems  (Asia
Pacific)  and is intended for  use only by the  addressee.   The  views and
opinions  expressed in  this email  are the senders  own and do not
Pacific).