ant-dev mailing list archives

From Akhil Arora <akhil.ar...@sun.com>
Subject new ant task to update J2ME MIDP JAD files
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:53:19 GMT
Hi ant developers,

I work on JXTA for J2ME (http://jxme.jxta.org), an open-source
project. We use ant to build our stuff (there are no makefiles).

I wrote a small ant task (called jad) that is useful for J2ME/MIDP
development. This task updates the size of a MIDlet jar in the jad
file. The jar size mentioned in the jad must be accurate or the MIDlet
is rejected by Motorola's iDEN phones. Sun's J2ME Wireless Toolkit
does this automatically, but this tool is useful for those who prefer
to build MIDlets using ant (like myself :-)).

The source code is available at
http://jxme.jxta.org/source/browse/jxme/midp/tools/Jad.java. It could
be made part of optional jar in the ant distro. If this is acceptable,
could someone check this in for me, or will I need to become a
contributor first?