ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Burton" <bi...@progress.com>
Subject Re: XDocs Proposal: sample HTML output!
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 20:17:20 GMT
Hello,

I've created a DVSL stylesheet and made some slight modifications to the
XDoclet task_xdoc.template so that the <attribute> and <element> tags are
nested inside a set of <attributes> and <elements> tags respectively.
This makes it much easier to match in the stylesheet.  Even though the XML
is different than the the standard DTD used by the Jakarta xdocs, I mapped
it so that each of the <long-description>, <attributes> and <elements>
tags format like the <section> tag and each <element> tag formats like a
<subsection> tag.

Attached (hopefully) is a generated HTML version of the uptodate task.  In
the parameters table, I threw in the type just to make it more
interesting.  It would have been fairly easy to make it only show the
class without the package but handling of types would be better done in
the XDoclet Ant support classes.

One of the big things currently missing from the XML is the parameters for
nested elements aren't getting generated so only the description can be
displayed.  For a rough idea of what output could look like with
parameters, go to
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/dvsl/ant_task_reference.html and scroll
down to the "Parameters specified as nested elements" section and look at
the "tool" element.

-Bill