ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: [AUDIT] jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 08:27:01 GMT
Tim Vernum wrote:

> From: Adam Murdoch [mailto:adammurdoch_ml@yahoo.com]
>

>>As far as I can tell, according to the sections
>>of the JLS that they cite, it's the audit tool that's got the
>>modifiers in
>>the wrong order, not our code.
>>

> The javadoc for java.lang.reflect.Field#toString() says:
>
> <BLOCKQUOTE>
> The modifiers are placed in canonical order as specified by
> "The Java Language Specification". This is public, protected
> or private first, and then other modifiers in the following
> order: static, final, transient, volatile
> <BLOCKQUOTE>
>
> The audit tool is complaining
> 	http://icarus.apache.org/~sbailliez/jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon/audit/org/apache/aut/vfs/FileType.html
>
> about the following line:
>     public static final FileType FOLDER = new FileType( REZ.getString( "folder.name"
) );

I don't think that is what it is complaining about or it would have
flagged this line in the same file
  private final static Resources REZ =
         ResourceManager.getPackageResources( FileType.class );

I'd say it is complaining about the placement of fields after methods.
See section 3.1.3 of the Sun coding conventions.

Conor