ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-alexandria/proposal/vindico/src/java/org/apache/alexandria/ant
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2002 12:24:17 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:

> Scott,
> Would your XMLListener be better at home in Ant's CVS?  Is it a replacement
> for XMLLogger (yes, which is inappropriately named - and I'm going to
> convert it to an actual BuildLogger soon)?
> I just can't help but cringe with code duplication or cut-and-pasting - so
> if your XMListener is a plug-in replacement for our XMLLogger then we'd
> gladly replace ours and you could use it from Ant's codebase instead.

I don't believe Scott's listener is a plug-in replacement. As far as I
can see, it does not consider multithreaded operation. When multiple
tasks execute in parallel, you can't rely on the sequence of messages
(i.e. a task started message can be received before the previous task's
taskFinished message is received). I believe the current XML logger
handles this.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message