ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Wannheden, Knut" <K...@paranor.ch>
Subject <anton> task
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 15:08:38 GMT
Hi,

One of the requested features for Ant2 was for the <ant> task to find build
files according to a fileset and invoke a common target in them (as stated
in http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/ant2/requested-features.txt).

I just wanted to know if any progress has been made on this issue regarding
closer specification, or even better implementation?

One problem that I see is that not only the buildfiles (currently the
optional "antfile" attribute) need to be specified, but also the basedir to
use for that call (the "dir" attribute).  There clearly exists some overlap
between these two attributes, as the buildfile will most likely be in a
subdirectory of the basedir for that "subproject".

One solution would be to only specify the basedirs in the fileset (assuming
the future fileset type will allow this) and require all buildfiles to be in
a specified relative directory to these basedirs.  Default would of course
be the case where the buildfile is called "build.xml" and is located in the
basedirs themselves.

Another, less elegant IMHO, option would be to let the buildfiles make up
the fileset and optionaly specify the basedirs to be relative to those (e.g.
"../..").

Just wanted to share my thoughts and get an idea of the current state on
this subject.

Regards,

--
knut