ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Wilhelms <Christoph.Wilhe...@impress.com>
Subject RE: Antidote
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 08:56:45 GMT
Hi Owen!

The has not been done much for a while to the Antidote CVS-Repository. Off
course this is particulary my fault, but the hasn't been much interest in
Antidote in the past. Sim Fitch, the original author and visionary, seems to
have left and I did not hear anything from Nick Davis, the 3rd
"Antidote-committer".

At the moment I am planning a greater roll-up for Antidote where many of
Craigs enhancments are involved, but additionally I am planning new features
like a dependency-visualizer, so stay tuned ;-).

> Just trolling for info on where the antidote project is at. I
> would like to help out: who is currently working on it?

You are WELCOME in helping out! In fact Craig does most at the moment.

BTW: New Ideas and enhanc,ets are welcome, too.

My Vision (and I think it is in Sim's sense): Antidote should be an smart,
powerful, fast, easy-to-use GUI for Ant. It should enable the build-master
to keep better control of their build-files, and make simple
build-admin-tasks faster to do.

Craig and I are in contakt "off-line", but if more people are involved we
should transfer the discussion back to the list, and when th CVS-development
"takes-off" again, we should GUMPify Antidote!

I'll come with some ideas next week!

Greetings,
Chris