ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Wilhelms <Christoph.Wilhe...@impress.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Logo Decision
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 07:48:33 GMT
Hi all!

> Do we accept Nick King's poll winning (#33) entry as our
> official logo?

-0: I'd propose to use it as official "built by" logo, but I'd LOVE to see
"the second Place Logo" (Adams) as official LOGO in the upper right corner
of the Web Site, (T-Shirts, Coffe Cups, Basball Caps, Shirts, Flags, ...
;-)). For all, who did NOT read my last mail: Here are my reasons:

1. It has copies in a brilliant way the style of the Tomcat Icon - that
fits, because IMHO Tomcat and Ant are the most successful Jakarta-Project
(this does not imply that other Jakarta-Projects aren't successful ;-))
2. Adam supplied us with a Vector-Graphic of the logo. This enables us to
use the logo in ANY size we want in the same GREAT quality (ever tried to
scale a bitmap to a bigger size ;-) - converted to a gif/png, of course :-)
3. It's basic shape is Square and this fits for many cases: The Tree Nodes
in NetBeans (hi Mr. Glick ;-)), other IDEs, Icons on desktops, About Dialogs
(like in Antidote), and many more purposes I can't think of ATM.

> With caveats?  If so, please list them.  (for example,
> different colors,
> font, working)

Nicks 3rd logo (triangle, where the Ant does not fits in exactly) is best!

> I've e-mailed Nick personally to congratulate him and ask if
> he'd be willing
> to work with us on whatever refinements we'd like and to
> provide us with the
> logo in vector and other sizes/formats.  Hopefully we'll hear
> back from him
> early this week.
>
>     Erik

To show that I am REALLY support Adams Logo:

MFTTTMMFTTTTMMWWWMMMTTTTTTTMMMMMMMMMMME dmJ,
M] _MM'    MM+>>{dM%    .JMWSZZZZZZZZME dMMMMA_.
MLJMT     JMt>>{dMt    _MMSQgAAQQQZZZME  7TMMMMMMQ,
MW@M,     ME>>uMM!   _MMKgMMFV"9MMmQZME      79MMMME
M] Mm.    MmQMMT   _gMWZqMF      /MmQME     ._gMMMME
M] _MA      `     _MMXZZMM:       dMmME ._aMMMMMW8`
M]  dM,         .gMBZZZZdMp      _MBZME dMMMMT'
M]  _Mb    MMMMMMMMEZZZZZMMMg___gMMSZME dMMAAAAAAAAp
M]  _M]       _MBQQQZZZZZZZ9MMMMWSZZZME dMMMMMMMMMME
MMaaMt     MMMMMMMMEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZME       _JMMME
MfV!`       _MEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZME    _aMMMMT'
M)         _MEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZME _gMMMMT'
M)        _MEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZgME dMMMMMMMMMME
M)        (MKZZZZZZgMMMMMmQZZZZZZZgMMME JTTTTTTTTMME
M)       .MBZZZZZZqMT   /MmZZZQggMMMMME          MME
M)       _MBQZZZZZMM:    MBggMMMMMF8"dE .........MME
M)       dMMmAQQAAMB`   _MFV"^       (E dMMMMMMMMMME
M)       ME>4MB""jMF   _MR           (E 7""""""""MME
M)      .MEuMB` .ME`  _MF            (E          MME
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM~ _MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMb          MME
                   (MLaMW!
                  _MMM+`
                  ('

It was not much work: done with Jave: http://www.jave.de
Java ASCII Versatile Editor, including Image Conversion to ASCII

Greetigs,
Christoph