ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ClassLoaders ( was: Re: We need to stop the lies)
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 20:01:17 GMT
On Fri, 1 Mar 2002 02:36, costinm@covalent.net wrote:
> > > Most of this proposal is very easy to implement and represents
> > > small ( and natural, IMHO ) extensions to the current
> > > model, with full backward compatibility and ( again IMHO )
> > > full control and flexibility for the user.
> >
> > Implement it as tasks and you are much higher chance of getting it in.
>
> Well, given your ( completely unjustified IMHO, but unfortunately
> seconded by another commiter, so validated ) -1 on the TaskAdapter
> improvements I'm not very inclined to get anything in - what can be
> implemented as a task can be kept outside without any problem
> and interference. I strongly believe we already have too many
> tasks in ant, and grouping them in libraries is better.
>
> I'm focusing on adding the hooks I need and making the core
> changes only.

You don't need any changes to ants core tasks to implement the functionality.
You could quite easily go to commons and implement it over there against
ant1.4.1

Given how unlikely it is that your changes will be accepted into the main
tree I would recomend that as the best path forward.

--
Cheers,

Pete