ant-dev mailing list archives

From e...@mind.net
Subject Re: Patternsets, Filesets, and Mapper
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 17:13:23 GMT
> > > Can you create it as a \r\n delimited list of .class names?  Then use
> > > includesfile on your <fileset>.
> > I did consider this, but the docs say that this is a temporary solution
> and not
> > recommended.
>
> Huh?  Where's it say that?
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/CoreTypes/patternset.html
>
> If its documented and in Ant 1.4.1, its *not* temporary since we're
> self-mandating that we won't remove anything and break backwards
> compatibility.

Hmmm. Now that you mention it, I can't find it... Perhaps it was one of the 1200 messages
on this list this week?  :)

But really, shouldn't we be able to define this list in the build file as normal?  Doing
it with includesfile is going to make me have my build.xml, 7 sub-xml build files, and 21
text-files (3 per xml)... I don't think that is a good solution...

Malachi