ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ids from paths not propogated through antcalls unless path is top-level
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 23:27:49 GMT
--- Colin Sampaleanu <colinml1@exis.com> wrote:
> Ok, but there's the rub. In my build files I have a number of targets
> which are simply there to set certain key properties or do some
> lightweight work. I very of do use
>   ant A B C D
> where A,B,C are only there to set things up, and D is the one the does
> the 'real' work.

Do you really want to have to specify the build order like that, on the
command-line? Wouldn't it preferable to put together targets that do what
you need them to, in the order you need them done?  Or maybe you could
look into putting your config stuff into properties files?  Seems like you
might want to reevaluate the way you currently have things set up.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)