ant-dev mailing list archives

From e...@mind.net
Subject Re: Patternsets, Filesets, and Mapper
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:19:19 GMT
Unless I am missing something, a FileSet requires a directory... So, if I specify...

<FileSet dir="${src}" id="myFiles">
  <include name="com/jbase/util/someClass.java"/>
  <include name="com/jbase/io/someOtherClass.java"/>
</FileSet>

I could not then do...
<FileSet dir="${cls}" refid="myFiles">
  <mapper type="glob" from="*.java" to="*.class"/>
</FileSet>

because there can not be embedded tags inside one that uses a refid.

So, then I thought, use a PatternSet to define the list, passing it into
each fileset...
<FileSet dir="${cls}">
  <packageset refid="srclist"/>
  <mapper type="glob" from="*.java" to="*.class"/>
</FileSet>

but, the fileset doesn't allow a mapper either....

So, either I am missing something obvious, I need to write a custom task to make the
solution, I need to have the previous stuff patched to handle this, or I have to stay with
the internal build tools that do this already...  The patch I sent in allows me to specify
packagenames, regardless of .java or .class, as well as allowing the mapper in the fileset
so I can do the conversion.  But, it seems that the FileSet and PatternSet are not meant
to be used this way -- so I am trying to determine whether I just need to extend those
classes to provide the behavior instead.

Malachi