ant-dev mailing list archives

From e...@mind.net
Subject Re: Patternsets, Filesets, and Mapper
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:48:27 GMT
Erik and Stefan:

So, talking to both of you, it sounds like the correct solution would be for me to
un-patch my FileSet and PatternSet, then patch JavaDoc and Jar.

In doing so, I still would like to be using a single list of package names instead of
filenames.  If the PatternSet is not to be used this way, perhaps I should just extend it
and supply a different classname (PackageSet?).

In addition, looking at the Javadoc source, it seems that it allows passing a single
packagename or a comma-delimited list of package names.  The plan, assuming I am on the
right track this time, would be to add setPackages(PackageSet) or
addPackages(PackageSet)....

I would like some input on this before I revert the other stuff though, as the only
difference between the PatternSet and a PackageSet would be to add mapping support to the
PackageSet instead of the PatternSet like I did yesterday.

Thanks,
Malachi