ant-dev mailing list archives

From e...@mind.net
Subject Re: Patternsets, Filesets, and Mapper
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:54:05 GMT
> On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, <eoti@mind.net> wrote:
>
> > The goal is this. Define set of files ONCE. Javadoc and Jar from
> > this one set of files.
>
> This is currently impossible as javadoc doesn't support filesets at
> all.

This gets to the emails between myself and Eric yesterday - the javadoc and jar tasks need
to be patched?

> <jar ...>
>   <fileset dir="classes">
>     <exclude name="**/*.java" />
>   </fileset>
> </jar>
>
> I don't think you need a reference to src here at all (or do you want
> to include the sources inside the jar?).

Some of them.  The classes directory gets broken down into about 10 different jars.  They
share some files, but others are not shared.

> <javadoc ...>
>   <sourcepath location="src" />
>   <sourcepath location="classes" />
> </javadoc>
>
> as javadoc will ignore all non .java files.

Again, we can't assume ALL the files, because they are broken into multiple sets of docs
and jars.

It is sounding to me like I just need to go in and fix javadoc and jar. Does that sound
right?

Thanks,
Malachi