ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] Removing DataType marker interface
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:37:26 GMT
On Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:14, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> Now that we have a mechanism for explicitly specifying a role's work
> interface (so that the role name doesn't have to be the same as the work
> interface's name),

we do - haven't looked at it yet :)

> I'd like to axe the DataType marker interface.
> Motivations are the same as for axing Component - decoupling of data types
> from myrmidon/ant, etc.

I see it different from Component because the sole reason for the interface
is to define a group of tpes that can be defined in a build file - it has no
other purpose. We certainly don't want arbitrary types to be definable like
Cullers/Selectors/Conditions/etc - only things that make sense like FileSets,
PatternSets, etc.

Anyways if you wouldn't mind waiting till next tuesday before doing anything
that would be great. Deadline ends soon and thus will be able to look over
all the stuff you have done ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete