ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <>
Subject Re: cullers
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:34:08 GMT
On Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:11, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Jose Alberto Fernandez <>
> wrote:
> > If you add to this <mappers> in their proper place:
> Please help me, I seem to be misunderstanding what <mapper>s and
> <fileset>s are supposed to do.

See its not just me that thinks this way ;)

> <fileset> is a set of existing files - <mappers> transform filenames
> (taken from a fileset in most cases) into a different set of
> filenames, with no guarantee made that these new filenames refer to
> something that exists.
> Why is the proper place for a <mapper> inside a <fileset>?

* FileSet is a set
* Mappers are a transformation on set.

Currently mappers transformation abilities are stricted to the name attribute
of the file - and this will likely remain the case with you about ;) Hence we
end up having extensions of Fileset to apply transformation rather than a
nested element. ie the Tarfileset has attributes to apply a set of
permissions to fileset.

    If your life passes before your eyes when you die,
 does that include the part where your life passes before
                        your eyes?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message