ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TaskAdapter and execute()
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 07:20:18 GMT
On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:53, costinm@covalent.net wrote:
> I'll commit a different change that makes
> Project.createTask() use a TaskFactory - and that will allow
> user code ( i.e. external tasks ) to plug in a different TaskAdapter.

I don't think that is desirable either. What is your problem of defining your
own Taskdef task. Rather than extend the core add a new task. Extending the
core adds to the cost of maintaining the system while new tasks that aren't
in ant CVS doesn't.

> BTW, it seems that a pluggable TaskFactory will also solve
> the ClassLoader problem ( at least for me ) - since the plugin
> can implement whatever policy it wants.

So could a task.

> P.S.: all this discussion on ClassLoader and TaskAdapter
> is just another good argument why the so-called 'ant2 as
> a new codebase' idea is fundamentally  wrong - I haven't seen this kind
> of review and debate going into any of the proposals,

So have you ever participated in any of the Ant2 discussions?

--
Cheers,

Pete