ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TaskAdapter and execute()
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:17:18 GMT
On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 08:13, costinm@covalent.net wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Peter Donald wrote:
> > > This is a simple extension to the 'base' adapter.
> >
> > So would be adding ability to call init() and destroy() methods. As would
> > be adding a whole slew of things. I mean even an <if/> task is really a
> > simple thing ma it no appear in the ant source.
>
> I'm going to wait for other opinons, I don't think your argument is
> valid ( actually you just expressed you taste, if you want to -1
> this proposal you should at least give some reasons and/or alternate
> implementation ).

-1 because it introduces uneeded complexity into the core that is specific to
the patterns of a particular project. An alternative implementation would be
to write your own taskdef-like class that took in the particulars of your
specific project and use that. That way you can use what ever reflection
mechanisms you want without forcing the complexity onto the rest of the ant
users.

--
Cheers,

Pete