ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TaskAdapter and execute()
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 20:46:23 GMT
On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 07:22, costinm@covalent.net wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Peter Donald wrote:
> > I would prefer you write a new <taskdef/> that worked with whatever rules
> > you wanted to use and used your own adapter rather than growing ants base
> > adapter
>
> This is a simple extension to the 'base' adapter.

So would be adding ability to call init() and destroy() methods. As would be
adding a whole slew of things. I mean even an <if/> task is really a simple
thing ma it no appear in the ant source.

> Adding a new Taskdef and a new TaskAdapter will just cause confusion
> and mess - and will be difficult to keep in sync with the original.

For you it causes confusion perhaps but it makes things easier for the
average users.

--
Cheers,

Pete

"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." -- Maugham