ant-dev mailing list archives

From e...@mind.net
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdef s Zip.java
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:47:16 GMT
I am new to the list, so missed the original thread (and reference to the Task being
discussed).

Looking at the Zip task and the Jar task -- I personally prefer
them both using destFile.  Makes it seem more consistent,
and easier to switch from one to the other.

If another task was to allow either a Zip or Jar to be created, then it seems they should
allow a nested Zip or Jar task instead of specifing them as zipfile and jarfile
parameters.

Malachi