ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: <propertyfile> bug
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 03:25:45 GMT
--- Erik Hatcher <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if my previous patch broke it worse or just left something
> broken while fixing the default value stuff.

Well, it definitely broke it, since it was working before -- sorry.

> Also a little too quick on this patch too.... you're missing that there
> are two other formats that need to be taken into account (String and
> Date) that all have similar logic.

Yes, well, I missed the decrement the first time around, too -- and I
missed the copyright update this time -- sometimes I move faster than I
should with this Java stuff, since I get excited if I just manage to get
it to work at all :)  Also, I noticed my comments were confusing (too much
pick&put), and that led me to realize that using your "value" variable
instead of my "oldIntValue" was also confusing, since "value" should
really only represent what was specified in the 'value' attrtibute, so
I've just put another change through that's hopefully a little less so
(confusing, that is -- which I realize this convoluted sentence probably
is).

So I'll leave the catch-up on the String and Date stuff to you -- and the
"refactoring" as well, since I'm not even sure yet what that means
("redesigning"?).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)