ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Speaking of deprecation...
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2002 19:11:33 GMT
--- costinm@covalent.net wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Diane Holt wrote:
> > --- Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > > Just curious, do you also do this for the perhaps most basic of
> > > build tools of them all: javac?
> >
> > The whole JDK goes into source control.
>
> And is this what we should recommend our developers to do ?

Nope. Wasn't being asked for a recommendation -- just whether I source
control the compiler. It's pretty rare that I'll make any kind of
recommendation about that sort of thing, without considerably more
information about the particulars of the situation -- and without getting
paid for it :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)