ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon/src/testcases/org/apache/myrmidon/components/configurer ConfigTest10.java StringToMyRole1Converter.java DefaultConfigurerTest.java MyRole1.java
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 23:56:38 GMT
H,,

On Sat, 9 Feb 2002 09:33, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> >   * Uses the DataType role when creating instances for interface
> > properties,
> >     rather than using the interface itself as the role.
>
> The motivation for this change was to allow a data type to be used in
> <property>, TypeInstanceTask, and as a parameter to add() methods.

Im not sure I follow you here. If I have a

add( MyRole value );

will that look up in the registry under MyRole or DataType? If it is looking
up the registry under DataType - what happens in the following case

<role shortname="foo" class="com.biz.Foo"/>
<role shortname="bar" class="com.biz.Bar"/>

<foo name="mytype" class="..."/>
<bar name="mytype" class="..."/>

Both types have the same name but different roles. So what would happen here ?

BTW I noticed you removed the

myException.fillInStackTrace() when exceptions were rethrown - what was the
motivation for that?

--
Cheers,

Pete