ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Huey <stephenh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Ant skipping javac task!
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 16:42:19 GMT
We had Ant working on this before...it would compile
some files, jar them, sign the jar, and ftp them to a
site.  I don't know what we changed, but for some
reason now we can't get the javac task to work (with
either javac or jikes).  Now it simply makes a jar and
ftp's it without compiling (it skips over that task,
but it's not commented out, and the other two depend
on it).

We've tried different variations on the javac task
attributes, and we don't really want to get into the
source on the javac task to figure out what the
specifics are.

We have a directory of Java files, and we don't want
to necessarily compile them all, so we're trying to
compile just the main one and hoping that it then
picks up all that that particular one depends on (and
we're trying a comma-separated list for the includes
attribute, b/c we need some Java files in a
subdirectory as well).  Does anyone see a problem
here...as in, maybe we're not using the includes
attribute the way we should be?

Thanks...