ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JOnAS integration into Jakarta/ANT
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2002 00:11:30 GMT
On Sat, 2 Feb 2002 10:19, Ted Neward wrote:
> There's actually a fairly good argument for not including it into the Ant
> distribution, since otherwise that offers the precedent that somehow Ant
> should contain tasks for every vendor and open-source product on the
> planet. Since a JOnAS Ant task would only be of interest to JOnAS
> developers, why not simply ship said task with JOnAS? Why does it need to
> ship with Ant?

I haven't looked at the taks and no very little about it. However I suspect
it is because it needs modifications to a core task and thus they can't just
ship it separately?

Anyways few committers are active in EJB stuff except Conor and he prolly
just hasn't gotten to it yet. However if nothing happens in a bit and Conor
has no objections to it? Then I will apply the patch  but I don't know
anything about the code so there will be absolutely no way I will be able to
verify it works or anything remotely equivelent :)

--
Cheers,

Pete