ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant build.xml
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 18:29:10 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <bodewig@apache.org>
To: <jakarta-ant-cvs@apache.org>
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 02:51
Subject: cvs commit: jakarta-ant build.xml

> bodewig     02/02/22 02:51:34
>
>   Modified:    .        build.xml
>   Log:
>   Start factoring out the exclude patterns from <javac> and <junit> into
>   a single place - realized that the sitraka stuff requires TraX to
>   compile.

I just had a vision: future IDEs which do build files refactorings as well
as IDEA does java source.

just select bits of your build file and have "rename target", "extract
classpath into path", "extract targets into separate build file"...etc.

I dunno if this is a good vision or a bad one. Good because it would be
handy, bad because if things get so complex then we are starting to lose
control again