ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Martin <j...@mkodo.com>
Subject Re: Integrated Reporting (Was RE: JDepend frames XSL w/ link fixup)
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 09:52:21 GMT
You might want to have a look at Alexandria
http://jakarta.apache.org/alexandria/ as this was the general idea
behind that project.

On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 00:06, Rob Oxspring wrote:
> I've been pondering about integrating the report docs and wondered what others had to
say.

> I'd like to find a solution that can scale to any combination of the tools so the first
question to ask is are there any other report / analysis tools out there that should be included?
> Checkstyle and maybe JavaNCSS spring to mind but what else do people use?
>
> I'm assuming that all the reporting tools can spit out an xml version, and can get these
for jUnit,JDepend,Checkstyle,JavaNCSS but could someone post some samples (or links to) from
the other tools - preferably using the ant source tree as a reference.

> In terms of output I'm envisaging a framed JavaDoc style setup with each package and
class/file having some summary page backed up by a page per tool and a link to javadocs if
available.  For example with just junit and ncss being used you might get:

> /report
> 	/stylesheet.css
> 	/index.html
> 	/overview.html
> 	/overview.junit.html
> 	/overview.ncss.html
> 	/<package>/overview.html
> 	/<package>/overview.junit.html
> 	/<package>/overview.ncss.html
> 	/<package>/<class/file>.overview.html
> 	/<package>/<class>.overview.junit.html
> 	/<package>/<file>.overview.ncss.html
>
> Does this pattern fit all cases?
>
> Finally, I'm currently hoping that I can avoid writing another task and just build a
target full of standard tasks.  If this is going to work then some concatenation of files
will surely be involved somewhere along the line... So can I nudge a committer to commit one
of the past concat submissions :)