ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Speaking of deprecation...
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 19:29:52 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Diane Holt" <holtdl@yahoo.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 11:07
Subject: Speaking of deprecation...

> While I'm updating the Delete task description file... what's the current
> consensus wrt deprecated attributes being documented? Are we keeping them
> in? I'd just as soon see them gone, but I know several people are twitchy
> about removing anything (ever :)  There's a whole block of deprecated
> attrs at the bottom of the "Parameters" table -- can I 86 'em?

I am +1 on removing documentation on old stuff, even where they are
retained. One problem here is the DTD generation task; it needs to be smart
enough to look at the deprecated tag and not include deprecated attributes.
Because @deprecated does actually set a bit in the class file, this is
nominally feasible.