ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:49:03 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <>
To: <>
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 02:42
Subject: Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types

> On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Steve Loughran <> wrote:
> > it is telling me that a classpath is referring to nonexistent stuff.
> Which is what you want from time to time - I had to modify Ant's own
> build file to avoid the warning (the way was added to
> <junit>'s classpath).
> What is important to me, is that the message is there so that people
> have a chance to debug their setup.
> > how about a property: ant.warnings.warnonmissingjars to turn on/off?
> To turn it on and off completely or to modify the loglevel?

I was thinking about raising the log level. But thinking more about it,
having it in verbose works, because that is where you turn when things stop
working. (at least users turn there after filing a bugzilla report and get a
response saying 'what does verbose say').

So lets just leave the change that went in yesterday as is, and not worry
about details.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message