ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse .classpath
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2002 20:40:58 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephane Bailliez" <sbailliez@apache.org>

> > I'm using WSAD and there are variables in there that need to be expanded
> > like WAS_PLUGINDIR.  I'll have to do more homework on the
<classpathentry>
> > elements in there to know which ones to pick up and which ones (if any)
> > ignore (or to have a switch controlling the choices).   Perhaps
something
> > like this:
> [...]
>
> It is crystal clear that we lack of pluggability being in task or anywhere
> else.

I don't quite understand what you mean here.  If we wrote a subclass of Path
that dealt with .classpath files, we'd be able to refid it into anywhere
that a Path was accepted.

The clunkiness comes from the fact that we can't make the syntax and
extensibility much cleaner (re: Peter -1'ing the DynamicConfigurator).

> > Stephane - do you have any pointers to more info on the .classpath file?
>
> Hard to figure out.
> For eclipse I think you have to look into
> org.eclipse.jdt.core.IClasspathEntry and try to find the way down from
here,
> like the org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.ClasspathEntry and
> org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCore

If no one beats me to it, I'll dig in and give this a shot in a few weeks.

    Erik