ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [AUDIT] jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 00:36:12 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Murdoch" <adammurdoch_ml@yahoo.com>

[...]
> Yep - this is exactly what happened.  In the JLS first edition, the order
> for field modifiers is "final static", and in the second edition the order
> is "static final".  For methods the order is "static final" in both
> editions.

> Would it be easy to change the check to allow "static final" for fields?
> It's not important, but it would be kinda good if it didn't complain about
> code that's compliant with the JLS.

It is a built-in rule (on/off). To do that, I would need to recode the rule
myself.
This is possible, however we'll lose the benefit of autofix as this is one
violation that the tool can safely fix by modifying the code. (or maybe I
can modify the code too via the API, but from the top of my head right now I
can't see how).

What I can do is to disable temporarily the rule, time for me to code the
right rule and see if I can actually code the autofix.
There are about 474 'final static' in Ant code right now, so I would better
prefer an autofix/commit :-)

I have reported the error. Thanks for pointing out the incoherence.

Stephane