ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Official direction for xdocs
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:43:57 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Hammant" <Paul_Hammant@yahoo.com>

> Sorry dude, we are talking about different things.  You - Ant's own
> documents, Me - Son of <stylebook> taskdef

So whats wrong with the Ant <stylebook> task?  Patches are always welcome.
We've got the task now and "support" it through contributions.  I'd be happy
to commit patches to it to make it useful if the current one is broken.

Ideally speaking, Ant itself would not contain the Stylebook task, but
rather the project that develops stylebook (xml.apache.org?).  Why should
other projects embed Ant just to run a task?  They could just <taskdef> a
different one.  I think the reason that projects embed Ant is so that
developers can build it out of the box without requiring another download
and configuration - not to generate documentation necessarily.

    Erik