ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <>
Subject Problem Logging in Tasks
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 21:22:41 GMT

For some reason the log("xxx", Project.MSG_VERBOSE) code that I have in
my custom tasks do not get logged when I run ant eith the -verbose flag
on. Any idea why ?

I've looked at how others tasks were doing their logging and I can't see
the difference from my code apart from the fact that they are inside

Here is how I define my task :

<taskdef name="runservertests"
    <pathelement location="${cactus.ant.jar}"/>
    <pathelement path="${java.class.path}"/>

Here is a sample of what I do :

public class RunServerTestsTask extends Task
    public void init()
        this.startHelper = new StartServerHelper(this);
        this.stopHelper = new StopServerHelper(this);

public class StartServerHelper implements Runnable
    private Task task;

    public StartServerHelper(Task theTask)
        this.task = theTask;

    public void execute() throws BuildException
        this.task.log("xxx", Project.MSG_VERBOSE);

Thanks for your help.

P.S.: I do realize there must be something very obvious but I've been
banging my head for a few hours already and I'm stuck ... :-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message