ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: TryCatchFinallyTask ?
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2002 21:14:05 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephane Bailliez" <sbailliez@apache.org>

> On a side note if people could stop writing every article about Aspect by
> 'look I can add a log call at the beginning and end of a method' this
would
> be nice. Each AspectJ conference or article has this in it, this is
getting
> a little bit boring.
>
> I haven't had the time to really look into it since the last 2 years but
> there must be something that can be done with it. I just can't find what.

Yes, I'd love to see more examples of it in use doing different things.
Here are some things that I think we could do with it:

- Implement failonerror
- Add if/unless conditions

And probably others - I've only conceptually started learning AOP, nothing
concrete yet.

Other examples - hook into JMS to implementing messaging broadly (although
this is much like the logging example, sorry!).

    Erik