ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Two possible new tasks
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 07:40:14 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Diane Holt" <holtdl@yahoo.com>
> despite Erik's feeling my <script>'s are "convoluted
> and wacky"

Just to clarify.... that is meant within the context of what I feel Ant
*should* ultimately be, not that your JavaScript is bad or anything.  I very
much dig prototype languages and enjoy JavaScript's associative arrays and
"object oriented" flavor, not to mention the ability to add-in capabilities
to objects.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with your script code.  I
just feel its not the way we should ideally be solving the problems that you
solve with them - but we have given you no choice sometimes.

I applaud your ability and ingenuity for making Ant do things that are not
at all easy to do currently.

    Erik