ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cullers
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 03:04:32 GMT
From: "Rob Oxspring" <roxspring@yahoo.com>

> Nitpicking:
> The idea of a set of selectors surely cannot be right. Would it not make
> sense to define an instance of a "selector" and then use refid to bring in
> the *single* selector required - this way you force people to explicitly
> choose "and" / "or" selectors when attempting to combine them.

I am not saying not to have a refid for selector.
I would like to be able to define a compound selector
once and use it in multiple places, if possible, by
some mechanism.  From your example below, I would
like to be able to reuse the definition you have under
<fileset> in a different place, without having to redefine
it again.

> Bluesky:
> Both of the proposals seem to be addressing the short sightedness of the
> include/exclude mechanism which is great. Ideally I would like to see
> include and exclude dumped in favour of something more generic:
>
> <fileset dir="...">
>     <and>
>         <filesize size="4" units="k" when="more"/>
>         <not><and>
>             <filename pattern="Test*.jar"/>
>             <perimission attrib="readonly"/>
>             <filesize size="5" units="k" when="more">
>         </and></not>
>     </and>
> </fileset>

+1, if you can achieve backwards compatibility too, somehow.

> Rob

Cheers,
Magesh