ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Eclipse .classpath
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2002 20:57:27 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com>
[...]

> I don't quite understand what you mean here.  If we wrote a subclass of
Path
> that dealt with .classpath files, we'd be able to refid it into anywhere
> that a Path was accepted.

If you write a subclass of it, there is a problem since attributes have
nothing to do with what you want, so we probably have to extract an
AbstractPath for it or something like this. It is not that clear in my mind,
there are a couple of things I would like to see added in Path like the way
to retrieve all the base directories used to create the classpath but I
can't find how to nicely do that.
As you mention an extension to path such as <plugin> or <pathextension> or
<pathplugin> or whatever could fit.
<path id="">
  <plugin type="eclipse">
    <param name="" value=""/> ...
  </plugin>
  <plugin type="was">
    <param name="" value=""/> ...
  </plugin>
</path>

> The clunkiness comes from the fact that we can't make the syntax and
> extensibility much cleaner (re: Peter -1'ing the DynamicConfigurator).

Sorry did not follow that one, will look into the archives.

Stephane